Preparation of UFI (Unique Formula Identifier) codes with an experienced REACH and CLP consultant: quick, professional Poison Center Notification (PCN)
You are already aware that by 1st of January 2021 Annex VIII of CLP regulation (2017/542/EU) should be implemented for hazardous chemical mixtures for consumer and professional uses. By that time hazardous mixtures will need to be re-labeled.
You also know, that the Poison Center Notification (PCN) must be submitted for hazardous chemicals for consumer and professional uses by 1st of January 2021: “Harmonised information relating to emergency health response and preventative measures for Poison Centers.”
If you are importer or downstream user placing on the market hazardous mixtures classifed for health or physical hazards, than you should read my homepage carefully.
What will be added to your hazardous mixture’s label after 2021 and 2024?
A 16-character Unique Formula Identifier (UFI) code will be on your labels as it is required by Annex VIII of CLP regulation.
The full compliance with CLP Annex VIII is much more complex, than sticking a UFI code to the label:
- Intensive communication in the supply chain to gather the required data
- Portfolio checking: recipes and components of the hazardous mixtures
- To clarify the exact concentration and concentration ranges of the hazardous and non-hazardous components of the mixtures
- To collect the CLP classification of the hazardous components of the mixtures
- To determine the colouring agents, perfumes, fragrances in the mixture
- To determine the mixture in mixture (MIM)
- To determine the European Product Categorization System (EUPCS) codes
- To determine packaging (type and size)
- To determine product family
- UFI generation and validation
- To prepare new labels and packaging
- To learn how to use PCN portal or IUCLID
- Submit Poison Center notification to the different member states
- To pay the authority fees for the different member states
- To make an inventory about the PCN submission
- To know the variations of the concentration of component requiring a submission update
- 1 January 2021 hazardous mixtures for consumer use (new deadline)
- 1 January 2021 hazardous mixtures for professional use
- 1 January 2024 hazardous mixtures for industrial use
- 1 January 2025 if you have a valid PCN submission according to the old legislation
Do not risk a penalty, start to learn the new requirements.
What shall I do to be in compliance with the new regulation (2017/542/EU) on time?
If you really want to be in 100 % compliance with CLP Annex VIII, than read the following 2 services
After the training you will able to prepare Poison Center Notification alone, since I will show you through a real mixture, how to make a successful notification.
After the training you will know how you can be 100 % compliance with the 2017/542/EU regulation.
Poison Center Notification
You just collect the necessary data, we prepare the Poison Center notification, after it you just need to make a new label.
Quote request for generating UFI codes
My services guarantee 100% compliance with the complicated CLP regulation, which also means avoiding any possible fines and penalties.
I request a price quote for preapring of UFI numbers
If you wish, you can order chemical resistance labels from us, and you can even print them in your office, on a simple laser printer.
Test the unique quality of our German lables!
Stick it on a solid surface… then rest assured, it remains readable even among rough chemical industry conditions
In the past year, during inspections of chemical substances, firms producing or importing chemical substances and mixtures have been charged several thousands of Euros in penalties by authorities for the mere reason that the labels have come off the packages, or they were unreadable.
There is no need to take risks, especially when we know that today, even the so called “Chemical resistant labels” are available at good prices.
No more fear from penalty, because…
- the content of the label is difficult to read;
- the label comes off the product or the barrel, during the long journey;
- the label text fades or the label gets deformed due to the damage caused by the transportation;
- the text fades due to the impact of sunshine.
The unparalleled qualities of the 60 types of labels we sell
- Sticks perfectly on virtually all surfaces;
- Resistant to oil, bases and even to various acids;
- Light, rain, and even the most extreme weather conditions cannot cause damage for them;
- It is even resistant to salty sea water, even for the long term;
- It is damage-proof guaranteed between -40 C and +120 C;
The production principles of labels we sell
- At the bottom section of the label you can find a special, heat and chemical resistant adhesive layer. The thickness of this layer guarantees that the label sticks perfectly even on dirty, oily surfaces.
- Above the adhesive layer, the producer put a black masking layer, which prevents the label from becoming transparent.
- On top of this then comes a white layer, which makes the print increasingly contrasting.
- This then is followed by a protecting layer, which, while allowing the colors of the laser printer, closes up instantly during the printing. Thus, it never again lets the text and the illustrations escape. Equally important, this protecting layer protects the label from even the UV x-rays.
- The producer even took care to make the label tear resistant, which makes the label removable without tear, in one piece, even in the case of strong pulling force. Furthermore, the adhesive layer comes off the surface, together with the label, thus the container remains perfectly clean afterwards.
This way you can ensure the guaranteed chemical resistance of your company’s labels…
And last but not least, you can even print them in your office, on a simple laser printer…
Please ask more information about chemical resistant labels.
Safety data sheet update service
If you prefer we can update your existing Safety data sheets according to the new GHS (CLP) regulations and 2015/830/EU regulation.
I would like to ask more inforamtion about SDS update.
We organize the foloowing trainings and audits related to chemical management:
REACH and CLP audit
1. day – on-site REACH, CLP and chemical legislations audit
REACH and CLP legislation changes
1. day – legislation changes
1. day – basics
2. day – classification for all classes
3. day – mixture classification for all classes
REACH rendelet training
1. day – basic
IUCLID 6 training
1. day – IUCLID training mini registration dossier
2. day – IUCLID training lead registration dossier / biocide dossier
Chesar tool training
1.day – Chesar tool training Chemical Safety Report and Exposure Scenario
Safety data sheet training
1. day – safety data sheet and its exposure scenario 100% legal compliance